Van-G Logistics is always looking for qualified employees. Please apply here for mechanic positions.
Van-G logistics offers its customers transloading including truck to rail and rail to truck service, dry and cold storage, and short haul trucking. Van-G Logistics is always taking applications for potential mechanic positions. Van-G Logistics hires Diesel and General mechanics to repair all series of truck, trailer, and warehousing equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials/Power dividers, PTO systems, Starters/Alternators, Refrigeration systems, Air conditioning systems (self powered units), Engine electronics (gas/diesel), Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
* Perform all levels of preventive maintenance and repair services
* Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
* Maintain work area appearance and safety
* Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
* Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
* Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, and pressure gauges.
* Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
* Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
5+ years experience in heavy truck and equipment maintenance and repair; completion of accredited vocational technical school program may be substituted for 2 years of experience
Drivers License required
Clean driving record.
Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.